I just renewed my driver’s license yesterday. For those Filipinos who intend to renew their driver’s license, these were the costs and requirements that were asked from me yesterday, when I went to have my Non-Professional Driver’s License renewed at the LAND TRANSPORTATION OFFICE (LTO main) located at East Avenue, Quezon City
LICENSE TYPE: Non-Professional Driver’s License
1. THE OLD/EXPIRED DRIVER’S LICENSE FOR RENEWAL. You need to present your old/expired Driver’s License as you go along with all the procedures.
2. DRUG TEST. The cost of the Drug test is Php 250.00. Before you can fill up the application form for Driver’s license renewal inside the LTO, you have to take the drug test. There are several medical laboratories along East Avenue, right across the LTO. They will take your urine sample and you can wait for the results right away. After that they issue you a receipt for the amount you paid for the test.
3. MEDICAL EXAM – Next is the Medical exam were they get your height, weight, and give you a Vision test. The cost of this is Php 100.00. You also wait for the results and will be issued a receipt for this test.
3. APPLICATION FORM FOR RENEWAL. After the first two procedures, you proceed to the LTO building to fill up your application form. You obtain the form from the Customer Assistance booth, where they will give you a number, and the application form that you need to fill out.
4. PHOTOGRAPH. When your number is called, you will present the documents – the drug test and medical test results, and will be asked to wait to be called so that your photo can be taken and your specimen signature can scanned.
5. PAYMENT FOR RENEWAL. After your photo and your signature has been taken, your name will be called by the cashier, where you will pay the required amount for Driver’s license renewal. The following is the breakdown of the cost of renewal that I paid yesterday:
License fee: Php 180.00
Revision of Records: 30.00
Comp. Fee: 67.63
Total: Php 277.63
Note: The Revision of Records was charged for the change of address on record. I believe that if there is no change of data from your previous license, there will be no additional charge of Php 30.00
6. CARD RELEASING. After payment has been made, you will be asked to sit and wait for your name to be called to receive the new card type Driver’s License.
The whole process took less than 2 hours before I finally received the new license card. Office hours at LTO is from 8am to 5pm. I heard that if your documents are not in for processing by 4pm, the new license card will be released the following day.